Saturday, October 09, 2004

unrefined rant

"I've been thinking reallly hard, can our relationship last? If we are to go steady? I'm afraid i won't be a good bf to you.. I'm starting to work long hours n i can't be there for you when you need me! We better get to understand each other before we commit ok? I do love you too! But i have nothing to prove it!" - a million subtexts but it reeks most strongly of the classic "it's not you, it's me" breakup situation. With this message he assumed that - 1) I love him already before he even does me 2) I want commitment - wickedly shrewd and accurate guesses which unfortunately undercuts my status to that of the weak and the clingy and the needful and his subsequent superior position is awful. It's all correct inside I'm sure, but I'm lightness when it comes to dealing with him; I absolutely do not cling. Absolutely. Two things I need constructive opinions on : subtext subtext subtext! and how do I reply in a way that elevates my position and will not ruin completely what's already direly broken?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home